What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flaperon attachment?

Ric,
It's in an obscure place. I asked the same question to Van's, since it wasn't right in the wing plans where I expected it to be. I marked the plans after I got the answer from Vans, and will reply with your answer this evening when I get back out to the shop...unless someone answers it before.

Just going from memory, I want to say it was depicted on one of the full page drawings that shows the wings with the flaperons attached...then the hardware is depicted on that page. In other words, it wasn't imbedded in the plans anywhere near the flaperon assembly instructions as I thought it would be.

Will reply this evening...

Can anyone direct me to where the hardware is shown on flaperon attachment to wings?

The final attachment plans and hardware are in the finish kit section.

For storage purposes, I just inserted some AN3 bolts and nuts (spares) I had and carefully padded all edges on the wing carrier.

Ric,
Sorry for the late reply. Looking at my plans, the flaperon attachment call outs are in section 30, "Wing Attachment". Page 30-04.

Back