What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap Weldment Installation Question

macrafic

Well Known Member
Question for you guys on the Flap Weldment/bracket installation.

ON DWG 33, it states "Enlarge #19 hole in F-766A to 5/8 to clear bolt head". Is this really what is intended? The bolt head will NOT lie on F-766A, but will actually extend through the F-766A and lie on the F-766C plate beneath F-766A? What did you all do?

Also, it appears that a 1/2" hole will be large enough to clear the AN4 bolt head. Anybody know the reason for the 5/8" callout?

Thanks.

Hey Rich
On drawing 33 section B-B you'll see that the AN4-16 bolt is flush with F-766C actuator plate. The hole has to be enlarged in the channel to allow the head to lay flush. You're right that a 1/2 hole would do the trick by a 1/6th. The larger size would allow you to get a socket on more securely. I opened mine to 5/8.

Thanks, That is the way I read it also. Just seemed strange. At this point, I can't see a reason for the head of the bolt to be about 1/16" lower. I know there must be a reason, but I just can't see it. Can anybody enlighten me?

Back