What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap setting

"Half" and "Full" if that helps! Actually the flaperons are adjusted to even and neutral. The flaperon deflection is governed by two pre-cut notches in the flap handle guide - you can't adjust that. You can probably search and find someone who measured the deflection, or check old issues of RVATOR.

Yes I have the flaperons in and the handle in place but was wondering if it is 10 & 20 degrees or maybe 15 & 30.
I haven't seen anything telling you what they are.
I guess it might be in the POH.
I tried to find out if you can download it but haven't seen anything.

I flew a Cherokee for years before I built my RV-12. I had two surprises: the strong pitch changes with application of flaps (and in the opposite direction of the Cherokee) and negligible drag they impose when deployed. The Cherokee full flaps are essentially a speed brake, but the 12 won't slow down so easily. For me, slipping has become the only way to salvage a high and hot approach in the 12.

I measured these values during doing the PAP:

Flaps..........................Left...............................Right
up..............................+18,4/-14,2..................+19,8/-14,7
half............................+6,9/-23,6....................+6,7/-24,8
down..........................-4,6/-33,8.....................-5,0/-34,5

I'm not sure anymore but I think that I used the wingtip top as zero level. + measurements are above the wingtip, - below the wingtip top.

Back