What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap position control mounting

xblueh2o

Well Known Member
Today was a planning day. Among the various things I stared at was the mounting of my flap position controller. I am going with the unit from Aircraft Extras. I looked at all sorts of places under the floor and then it occurred to me, is there any reason to not mount it on the side wall close out panel?
IMG_3303_zpsf3mob0vu.jpg

IMG_3304_zpsgkc0dloa.jpg

Obviously there would need to be a long enough service loop and most likely a connector that allowed the easy removal of the panel for maintenance. If I can overcome the issue of controlling the wires to prevent them being caught up in the mechanism can anybody think of a reason to not put it there?

Put power to the flap motor first to see full travel up and down in case it hits it.]

And if you don't have your aircraft battery yet and don't want to lug a car battery over to the plane or use jumper cables, a little 9V dry cell (as in your TV remote) will run the flap motor as long as there is not load on it.

Back