What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap Handle Fitment

MNellis

I wanted to cut the slots in the F649 (front baggage side panel) to accommodate the flap mechanism (WD613) for clearance. I was positioning the 620 and 661 blocks in position but whole assembly would not fit between the side walls.

Did those of you that installed the electric flaps find that you had to trim length of the WD-613 to get it to fit?

Never mind, I figured out how to get the blocks attached on each end in worked into position.

My next question is this, take a look at the attached picture. I'm pretty sure I have the WD 613 positioned correctly but if you'll notice it looks like the factory made a mistake when they powder coated the 613 since the open area for the block is on the wrong side. I can't imagine there is a problem with installing it on this side of the EF stuff/enclosure, it just won't be to plan.

IMG_4360.JPG

Last edited:
Mine is on the passenger side and I haven't had any problems. Don't remember what the plans / drawing shows, but here's picture of my install:

Other pictures of my electric flap mechanism installation at (haven't made the time yet to add descriptions on all the pages...):

Thanks for the additional pictures and links to your web site. You helped answer some other questions I had been thinking about as well.

Mike

Back