What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap Bar Installation

macrafic

Well Known Member
A couple of questions.

The plans show that the width of the F-680 flap bar bearing block is 2 5/32" and the drawing is supposed to be full-sized. However, mine is 2.5". Have any of you run into this? Do I have the wrong part? If you experienced the same thing, did you cut yours down or use as-is?

Also, when I put the flap bar into my fuselage, it is only .5" less in width than the fuselage. Without the delrin blocks on the ends, it barely is able to be positioned into its proper location. Then, there is no room in which to position the end blocks. If I put the end blocks on first, I can't fit the bar into its proper position. There must be a trick to this. Can anybody share their experience?

Thanks!

I remember mine being tight, but I didn't have to do anything special IIRC. Seems like there was only one way to get the weldment in place with the bushings on the ends. Maybe the holes aren't cut deep enough into the bushing blocks?

A couple of questions.

The plans show that the width of the F-680 flap bar bearing block is 2 5/32" and the drawing is supposed to be full-sized. However, mine is 2.5". Have any of you run into this? Do I have the wrong part? If you experienced the same thing, did you cut yours down or use as-is?

<snip>

See here.

Good luck!

Back