What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap/Aileron alignment

sstellarv10

Well Known Member
I was test fitting my flap and aileron on my left wing just for fun and I noticed the trailing edge of the flap extends farther back than the aileron by a half an inch. Is this normal or do I have some head scratching to do?:confused:

Steven Stella
#40654 Wings
N521RV reserved

Steven,

Make sure the flap is right up against the rear spar.. The top skin may be putting pressure on the flap to prevent it from being in the reflexed position of 3 degrees up, which is the cruise configuration. Look at the flap from the root or tip to see if it's in contact.

Does the aileron also follow the flap to the same position or does it stay at zero degrees.

Steven Stella
#40654 Wings
N521RV reserved

With the flap fully up, the aileron is considered neutral when aligned with the flap in the full up position.

Ok that solves that problem. Thanks for the quick response Rick now I can sleep tonight.:D

Steven Stella
#40654 Wings
N521RV reserved

No problem!! But be warned!!! There are a bunch more of the "waking up in sweat" and "why isn't this working" nights ahead :) But when you push that throttle in it's all worth it. :D

Back