What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First RV-12 to fly in Australia

Platyius

At 9.00am this morning my RV-12 took to the air for the first time flown by the senior recreational aviation instructor at our local flying club. I must say I was very emotional when she arrived back on the ground after an hour of testing in the air. The only problems was a need for very slight rigging adjustments (roll and yaw )
I took a video of the take off and landing but found it very hard to hold the camera still, especially zooming down the runway. The loud noise on landing is not the RV-12 it is a jet in the background.
I think the best part of the video is right it the end when you see the test pilot's RV grin. The youtube link is below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKT1vWyIt4

First Flight in Australia.jpg

Congratulations, mate!

Great looking plane! Congratulations on a job well done.

Last edited:
Way to go Tony.........

Congratulations on a successful first flight. She looks great too. When is it your turn?

Alan Saunders

Sunbury, Victoria
RV-12
Wings 85%

Congratulations, Tony! Your plane is now part of RV history, the 14th RV-12 to fly!

Looks like a good excuse to visit Australia!

Don

First Aussie Flight

Hey Tony Congrads mate ........!!!!! bet U feel estatic man great to see the first Aussie build 12 up & about Well done Bud!!
John H.

Yes another 12 flies! Good for you...you'll love it. Why are so many of you such good painters? I can build a 12 but no way I can paint it!

Congratulations . A true first .Looks good . You will love it. Looks just like mine. Blue/White. Wish we had your weather.

Again Congratulations and enjoy the moment.

Brad Stiefvater
Salem SD

Well done Tony, you have suusessfully built an aeroplane as well.... What are you going to build next?? I am stuck in Singapore on work for 10 weeks...... and its **** knowing all you guys are progressing, and my bird is awaitin much needed attention. Gongrats again... enjoy it.:D:D

Back