What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight

rogerbarlee

I'm New Here
FYI Heres a copy of an email just sent to Vans

Hi Vans,

Just a short note to advise RV 12 s/n 120261 flew for the first time on sat last as 19-7516, and has now done 6 more flights, all without any problems. It is a delight to fly and does everything as advertised. It took 12 months or 1000 hours with very little need for technical support ,which was readily available if needed.The excellent engineering and plans/ instructions make for a stress free build.Congratulations.
So thankyou to all the Vans team who make it all possible, and give so many of us so much pleasure building then flying your aircraft.

Regards
Roger Barlee
3rd time offender

Congratulations Roger! Wishing you a pain free phase I and thousands of happy flights.

br,
dr

Another Oz RV-12

Hearty congratulations Roger - terrific news and you must be thrilled. I guess that'll make two RV-12s flying from Latrobe Airport now, and with Tony Earle's that makes three currently flying in Australia, with another 8 underway and three waiting on kits.

Any other Oz RV-12s flying that we don't know about?

Dennis Mitchell
RV-12 0398
Emp done
Wings WIP

Congratulations

Nice to see another RV-12 flying downunder. Congratulations Roger. Any photos?

Congratulations Roger but you make me feel late! With Kit #395 started in June 2010, I doubt I will fly in 12 months as you did.
Have fun flying since you just lost the fun of building!

Well Done Roger!

It's your shout! (That is Australian for he buys the next round ;)

Last edited:
Great Job

Nice to see another RV-12 flying downunder. Congratulations Roger. Any photos?

I have to admit I have seen a photo of Roger's plane and personally I think its one of the best looking 12's out there...worldwide! Good job Roger and congratulations on your wonderful experience.

Pete

first flight

list

thanx for your comments-for those still building it is a great time to look forward to!

All the credit for its appearance should go to peterk whose graphics I borrowed (with his kind permission)

Photo at--

Last edited:
Roger

peterk whose graphics I borrowed (with his kind permission)

As I told Roger, permission is not required (it didn't originate with me!) and my plane is ecstatic to have a "soulmate" on the other side of the world. I can't wait until Roger flies it to Texas for a reunion!

Pete

Nice lookin' airplane.
Clean and uncomplicated. I really like it.
Are the silver accents taped or painted?

Back