What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight

RV6_flyer

Well Known Member
Benefactor
I got the following email message today.
------- insert ---------

Congratulations to Jim Percy for making the first flight of his beautifully crafted RV-7A. Jim's plane exhibits fine workmanship and seems to fly just fine.

I flew chase while he did about .5 orbiting south of CNO; nothing fell off, no smoke or liquids spewing. I'll send Jim some of the photos I took and maybe his father-in-law will post some of the video that he shot from the ground.

Jim features the typical Chino paint job that Sharpie, Wingnut, and the others who fly so much they don't have time to paint their planes. Hopefully, Jim will select some great colors for his plane; perhaps red???

Dave Klages
RV-8 - N808DK - "Hog"
-------- end insert -------

The next email had this photo.

Jim.1small.jpg

CNO is Chino California, USA. Dave's comment about painting red is becasue Dave's -8 is painted red.

Congradulations Jim!

Thanks Jerry, Gary, and Dave! Unfortunately the video thing didn't work out...

Dave got some GREAT photos! He used a fairly long lens so he could stay well clear. We briefed beforehand that I would fly as just though he wasn't there, and honestly I only saw him a couple of times. Dave is a great formation pilot and did an outstanding job of chasing me, especially considering I was turning almost continusously to stay close to the airport.

bldanrv9a said:
Congrats Jim, The quality of your work shows through even from a distance.

Jerry
Yes, it does! Nice job. When you get a minute to relax, wheel the plane out one evening. Get out a lawn chair, a cold beverage of your choice and begin to enjoy the feeling of having your own plane sitting there in front of you!

Thanks Bryan. I wonder though, maybe the quality of my work shows BECAUSE you're seeing it from a distance! :eek:

I do like the lawn chair and cold beverage idea, now to find a minute to relax...

Back