What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight N439AM

AMURRAY

Well Known Member
I know this is daily news around VAF. S/N 20439 took to the sky's yesterday with my good friend Marty B. at the controls. The tail wings and fuse were originally purchased in 1989. I purchased the unstarted kits from the original owner. The only squawk was slightly high oil temp in climb. Two flights and 1.1 hours on the Hobbs. I am off to see Mike Seager tomorrow.
Aaron
flying006.jpg

Last edited:
The RV grin continues!

Congratulations!! That's an amazing milestone. I've got 180 hours on my 9A but I still smile ear to ear after every trip. We actually started a second airplane, a 6A for my build partner. It's name will be REPEAT OFFENDER.

Expect that there will be bugs and gremlins to work out but enjoy yourself. You've just done something that .00000001% of the public dreams about.

Barry
Tucson

Congrats!! I'm in the same position, building kits sold between 91-93. I hope to be in your shoes in a couple years.

Nice paint job!!

Congrats Aaron!! Sweet looking plane! You will have to get used to the permanent RV grin now:)

LONG BUILD KIT!

HEY WAY TO GO CONGRATS ON FIRST FLIGHT, MY KIT STARTED IN 94 6A WELL WITH KIDS WANTS NEEDS BLA BLA SCHOOL OUT OF WAY ALMOST HA , FINALLY PURCHASED 0320D2J
SITTING IN GARAGE IN CRATE REBUILT LOOKS GREAT FINALLY HERE, FIREWALL BITS AND PIECES GOING ON TIP UP GLASSED IN PANEL LACKS 2 INST. NEED RADIO,TRANS.,ELT,ENCODER. THIS ELECTRICAL LOOKS LIKE TROUBLE FOR ME BIG LEARNING CURVE HERE GOTTA JUMP IN THIS SUMMER IT WANTS TO FLY. THANKS TO VANSAIRFORCE MEMBERS FOR ALL ENCOURAGEMENT NEVER SAY NEVER...........

Back