What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight, baby!

Desert Rat

Well Known Member
Had my first flight yesterday :)

I took off from my home airport orbited at 5,000' for a while before an uneventful albeit embarrassingly bouncy landing. The plane flies straight and level hands off with no bad manners at all.
There were a few squawks, the most noteworthy being the oil temp gauge failed with a big red X that started behaving again after landing. Unfortunately, stuff that won't break and stay broken is the hardest to find and fix, so we'll see how that goes.

I couldn't have ask for a more well behaved airplane.

Thanks to everybody on VAF who offered advice starting back 4 1/2 years ago when I first logged onto this wonderful resource.

flight videos can be accessed through this link

Had my first flight yesterday :)

I took off from my home airport orbited at 5,000' for a while before an uneventful albeit embarrassingly bouncy landing. The plane flies straight and level hands off with no bad manners at all.
There were a few squawks, the most noteworthy being the oil temp gauge failed with a big red X that started behaving again after landing. Unfortunately, stuff that won't break and stay broken is the hardest to find and fix, so we'll see how that goes.

I couldn't have ask for a more well behaved airplane.

Thanks to everybody on VAF who offered advice starting back 4 1/2 years ago when I first logged onto this wonderful resource.

flight videos can be accessed through this link

Huge congrats!

Back