What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall Penetrations RV-7A

rcarson

Well Known Member
I purchased the firewall forward kit from Vans and have been trying to find the penetration points for the O320 carbed throttle, carb heat, and mixture cable points. I have found the places in the interior cover that houses the aux fuel pump but not the places on the firewall itself. Do they expect you to simply extend the holes to the firewall from the inside? Seems kind of rinky dink to me. If anyone can tell me where to find the actual points where they are measured on the front of the firewall I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Dick Carson

Dick - I think all the FW penetration locations are on drawing #19. The locations are referenced off lines of rivets, but if you are off a small bit, I don't think it will matter much.

I used the penetrations as indicated and the install of the FWF items went pretty smoothly.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Mark your holes per the drawing mentioned above, but don't drill before you place the engine mount to see if you will have interferences. Also consider the clearances for the bushing/eyeball/firewallshields you will be using for the cable penetrations and access to them around the engine mount.

Firewall Penetrations

Thanks, it was indeed on 19. Went OK and was good for the engine mount.

Back