What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall penetration question

shiney

Well Known Member
I'm working on my fuel lines and I can't see which drawing shows the firewall pentration for the IO-360 set up (with airflow pump), any idea which drawing number it is on. I read somewhere that the there was a piece of kit from Vans required for this particular set up, is that the case?

Shiney

There really isn't

There really isn't one. I'd recommend getting the engine mount on making the hole above that to clear and in a straight line with the tubing from the front. I have the same set up and this is what I did.

When deviating from exactly what Van's has, you're on your own.

Try drawing OP 32. If I remember correctly it comes with FF kit. The penetration is just above the gascolator doubler which you will not utilize. If you need specifics send me a pm and I'll photograph and email the pertinent portions of OP 32.

Regards,
David

Thanks David, I'll take a look at 32, I've sent you a pm just in case I need additional help.

Shiney

The firewall penetration location for the FI fuel feed is almost assuredly on the drawings for either the Finish or FF kits. I have the same question for the APinjector-pump-to-engine feed in my Nine, and the location is not shown in the fuse drawings. I''ve search 'em about a bazillion times.

Terry

Back