What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall Fuel Line Penetration RV-7 Clarification

704CH

Well Known Member
Hey Guys, I was a bit confused by Drawing OP-32 for the IO-360 fuel line penetration of the firewall. Followed up with Vans and got clarification from Joe..

Making note here because on many sites out there it looks like builders are putting the stiffener on the "aft" side of the firewall. It is supposed to go on the forward side of the firewall and leverage existing holes to rivet through the vertical angle of the firewall.

So if you have an injected 360 on your RV-7, The stiffener should be on the forward side of your firewall..

Thx - I can post some pics when I get mine done next week.

Be aware, the location they show in the plans interferes with the starter solenoid mounting. I chose to put a washer under the opposite ear of the starter solenoid but it still has a small gap at the ear that rides on the stiffener.

Dave
Sooo close to 'rolling the canoe'.

I just moved it down 1/2" to clear the starter contactor and to leverage an existing rivet hole in the firewall.

1249552955_XgMu9-M.jpg

Not sure if it's just the angle but the picture makes the fitting look awful close to the contactor lug. When the hose coupling nut and terminal go on will there be enough clearance?

Back