What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall forward

cbnank

I am working on installing the master relay & starter solenoid on the firewall. There is supposed to be a copper link between them. I cannot find it in my supply of parts.

Are we supposed to provide our own? I do have the two copper runs for the bus systems but not for the above.

Carl Nank
RV-7A, Firewall forward

Do know, but if you need to make one.............

cbnank said:
I am working on installing the master relay & starter solenoid on the firewall. There is supposed to be a copper link between them. I cannot find it in my supply of parts.

Are we supposed to provide our own? I do have the two copper runs for the bus systems but not for the above.

Carl Nank
RV-7A, Firewall forward
I am sure the basic airframe kit does NOT have it. Not sure about the optional Kits: Firewall Forward Installation Kit or "Wiring Kit"? If it's not included, a copper pipe pressed flat or often hardware stores have brass strips and bar's for sale. Good Luck

Last edited:
A 2" copper coupling cut, and rolled out flat. Any good hardware store for about 85 cents.

cbnank said:

Carl Nank
RV-7A, Firewall forward

It's in the "harness kit" if you bought that.
Jim Sharkey

Thanks guys.

I checked the harness kit three times as well as the firewall firward kit.

Then I happened to spot on the plans on the lower left corner that the copper bar was not provided. I think I need to drink more coffee or get better glasses!!!!!

Anyway, thanks for all your help. I will go to the hardware store tomorrow. I can't go there though unless I buy a new tool>>>>>>

Great site & feedback,,

It is lonley here in Western Kentucky with no RV's around!

Carl Nank
RV7A
Fiberglassing canopy fairing (tip up)

must have gotten yours

i had two copper bars 12" or so long on my firewall fwd kit. it was purchased a year or less ago.

My plans indicate that this copper bar is NOT provided in the kit. I received my fuselage kit about 9 months ago.

The copper fitting works just fine.

I used the band saw to slice off rings about 3/8" wide, then cut ring open and flatten out, to use as buss bars on my circuit breakers, you just need to slice off a little wider ring for the interconnect piece, you can double it up in thickness if needed to carry more current.

Good luck

It's included in the Wiring Harness Kit (actually 2 are included)

2.000 ES BUSS BAR-063X.5 1/16X1/2X12 COPPER BR

You can also buy them seperate from Van's for $2.87 each.

J.C.

647jc Join Date: May 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J.C.

Those are the 12" bars for the switches & circuit breaker busses I believe. Or am I wrong? I think the wireing kit utilizes two bus bars. I will double check the electric instructions.

Carl Nank

cbnank said:
647jc Join Date: May 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

J.C.

Those are the 12" bars for the switches & circuit breaker busses I believe. Or am I wrong? I think the wireing kit utilizes two bus bars. I will double check the electric instructions.

Carl Nank

They are for both the switch/relay bas bars and the solenoid link bar. You'll still have plenty left!
Jim Sharkey

copper

I went to a metal supply house in my city and had them find me a piece. Not cheap, but pretty! Just ask for copper bar in the size you need.
Jack
N811AK

Back