What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall Forward Kit Orders

skelrad

Well Known Member
Friend
Has anyone placed a new firewall forward kit order recently? Just curious if deletions are allowed to customize to particular engines, or if it's going the way of other kits and there are no customizations allowed. I suppose technically I can order piecemeal vs just getting the kit to allow me to change exhaust, alternator, etc?

FWF

Has anyone placed a new firewall forward kit order recently? Just curious if deletions are allowed to customize to particular engines, or if it's going the way of other kits and there are no customizations allowed. I suppose technically I can order piecemeal vs just getting the kit to allow me to change exhaust, alternator, etc?

Given the current state of things, I would order just what you have to buy from Vans. All the hoses can be ordered from TS Flightlines. I actually didn't use any of mine because they didn't fit. Tom made them all. Exhaust can be purchased from Vetterman. Alternator and regulator from B&C. Oil cooler feom Spruce. Scat, and heat muff from Spruce. I would have to look at my inventory but I bet it would work.

I ordered $4500 worth of FWF stuff as individual components that I wouldn’t easily be able to source elsewhere if the worst happens. I don’t want a PP alternator anyway, and can get exhaust / prop governor elsewhere. Everything turned up without back orders a couple of days ago. Very pleased the parts turned up without delay.

Back