What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

finish kit care package

mcems

Well Known Member
Care package that came today . The screws for the nose wheel stop that where suppose to be 5/16 instead of 3/8 where in a seperate bag marked 5/16 but inside the was 3/8 agian. Anybody else find that?? Still missing one fitting too. I think I will just get them someplace else.

Brad

Mine weren't in the carebag at all so I called. They said another care package was sent out on the 15th (after this one) by mail instead of Fedex. Maybe they will be in that one.

Brad and Pete- I got my finish kit care package today and guess what? My 5/16 socket head screws for the nose gear were also actually 3/8, just like yours, Brad. I also had a plastic bag labeled for the AN6-60A bolt, but there was nothing in it! I also received the 85" wire bundle, but it only had 6 wires in it, not the called for, 7 wire bundle. I'm hoping this follow on care package will address these issues. Seems like the guys at VANS were more interested in getting ready to bail out for Sun n' Fun, instead of taking care of business. Steve

I found 2 more problems with my care package.

The rivets for the fuel tank. The one bag AH43 and one bag AK42 where in the box Good I will mix up some tank sealer and put on the bracket. Well I did that and put in the AH 43s and went to put in the AK42 (the countersunk holes) Well in the bag marked AK42 had AH42 rivets in it. So now I have a tank seal setting up with no rivets to finish the job. Hope I can get those holes to seal later.

I also found an extra set of reed switches in the box.

I dont know whats happening with those who are bagging this stuff.

Brad

I found 2 more problems with my care package.

The rivets for the fuel tank. The one bag AH43 and one bag AK42 where in the box Good I will mix up some tank sealer and put on the bracket. Well I did that and put in the AH 43s and went to put in the AK42 (the countersunk holes) Well in the bag marked AK42 had AH42 rivets in it. So now I have a tank seal setting up with no rivets to finish the job. Hope I can get those holes to seal later.

I also found an extra set of reed switches in the box.

I dont know whats happening with those who are bagging this stuff.

Brad
Thanks for the heads up on the tank rivets, Brad. I got the correct ones in my care package ( I am however short a couple of the AK42's- hope you don't need all 25!). I also received my follow up care package today, and all I got was my replacement cooling fan ( no charge!). I still haven't gotten that long AN6 bolt for the nose wheel or the correct 5/16's socket head screws. Oh well, if they don't come Monday, I'll talk to the VANS folks at Sun n' Fun this week.

I will pile on also

I received my second care pkg, and it was another complete care pkg with 3 more intems than the first one had. I have lots of everything now. I'm sure they will want it back. The extra 3 things that came in the second pkg were needed, so that part was ok.

John Bender

I plan to order my finishing kit as soon as I start the fuselage. Then it should be here by the time I'm finishing the fuselage. Hopefully with few backorders.

Art Pennanen

Back