What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finding an RV10 owner in Mid Atlantic Region to fly with?

jahoosafat

Hi - First time poster and new private pilot with experience in C172s and Cherokees only (and soon a Tobago TB200). I'm in a club currently building hours, but will eventually buy a plane. I'm not interested in / capable of building from a kit (though I admire you folks that are), but I think the RV10 fits my mission well. From what I've read, it has nice stable characteristics, a low stall speed, and short takeoff/landing distances - not to mention speed and payload capacity. But since I've never flown one, what do I know, right? My question is: what are my options for finding / going up with an RV owner (preferably a 10) somewhere near DC where I live? I would think that would be the first step before potentially going out to Oregon for more formal RV flight training. Any info/thoughts are appreciated!

Jeff

Jeff,
I'd be happy to take you up. I'm based at Manassas (KHEF). We also have a very active EAA chapter there (Chapter 186). I'm right in the middle of doing my Condition Inspection, but you are more than welcome to come out and take a look and ask as many questions as you like. Then once I've got it back to together we can take a hop if you like.

Back