What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finally...

Fredrik

... after 3.5 years of building my RV7A, I decided it was time for first flight. I went out to Barkarby airport, Stockholm. Early, before sunrise, I made all preflight checks, made engine runup, lined up on runway 24 with no other traffic in pattern. I decided that one more high speed taxi test couldn't hurt. Then I lined up for take off. Hard to describe but I caught it on video :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhV63CyE7vQ

With this post, I would like to thank the VAF community for all support and information that is priceless when building these beautiful aircrafts. Thanks!!!

And, keep pounding those rivets:D

Fredrik

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Video

Congratulations on your first flight. Nice Video; It took me a second to recognize the soundtrack. Interesting twist on in Iron Maiden tune...:D

Grattis till din f?rsta flygning!

Hej Fredrick
Great video of Stockholm at sunrise; nice job on the first flight.
It is cool to watch the VSI and altimeter go up so fast - these are great planes.

Dave C
Sacramento, CA
-7 flying and flying and flying

Thanks Guys!

Hey! I'm not the only one here speaking Swedish (Dave C)?

I'm sorry about the link, stumbled on the keyboard :eek:
Here is also a picture (bad quality) from just before takeoff. Still some decorative striping to do.
DSC00542.jpg

Fredrik

Third Seven i Sweden

This is the 3:rd Seven to fly in Sweden. We have 2 -7A and one -7.
Snyggt jobbat!

Rgds
Lennart
SE-XLL, RV-7A flying

Congrats!

Congratulations Fredrik!

I actually work 5 min from the airport (big greenhouse lookalike on long final for 24) and would love to drool over the plane some day when you are at the airport.

I have sent you an email with my details.

Studying for my ATPL right now but will start an 7A as soon as I am finished with all of the 15 books and the ME, CPL, IR thing....

Take Care

tail number

I wouldn't mind having that tail number. with my initials being "JC" and all. :D

Nice video, Congrats!

Congrats Fredrik.

I am glad to see more RV's in Sweden.
I also speak Swedish, but I am from Finland, now living in Minnesota

Back