What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finally took the plunge

Rubiks

I'm New Here
Hi all,

Figured I would introduce myself after stocking this forum for such a long time. I have been interested in building my own plane for some time now and after mulling it over I decided to go for it! I am very excited to be apart of such a good group.

My Empennage kit is expected to arrive today for my RV-7A and tools are to arrive on the 30th. I have got most of my shop set up and am working on a build log.

I live in Lake Stevens, WA and work at Boeing on the 787 Dreamliner as a functional test mechanic. I feel fortunate to be able to work with planes for a living but will have so much more satisfaction working on my own. Im looking at hangars in the Arlington airport in a few years.

Hope to see you guys around!:D:D:D

Welcome

Hello Jared
Welcome to the community. Arlington has a great RV community. There are many of us willing to help or just shoot the ah ..... approach with ya. Good luck have fun

Laith
RV 7a
AWO
[email protected]

Hello Jared!

Say, if you come down to Vans, plan on stopping to see me! I live right off of I-205, about 25 min. from Vans. Picking up your kits will save you freight, shipping box costs, and it's fun. It's worth the trip! Good luck as you start your project. :)

Hey Jared
Well glad to see you did it.
I made it back to Michigan and I am enjoying the new job.
You have my number keep in touch
You will pass me in the build for sure.
I still have to unpack and find a hanger to work out of
Talk to you soon.
James

welcome

Hey Jared.
Welcome.
Several noobs are here in the early stages of an RV7.
Don't be shy about asking these experts for advise.
They saved me several mistakes already.
Of course I still manage to make some but thats for another thread.:D

Thanks everybody. If there is one thing I am sure of its that I will be asking lots of questions. Thanks for the invite BSwayze, your build log was one of the first that I read. I didn't realize that I saved on the box cost as well. I will make the trip down there to pick up my wings when I am ready.

Back