What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finally getting it done, Daylight at Last!

Smilin' Jack

Well Known Member
We set the last nutplates on the spinner and now have the wings and control surfaces all painted, now on to the fuselage, Starting to take shape hopefully by October we will have this project assembled and ready for inspection,

It has been 2 years 9 months to date working almost 6 hours daily, we finally stopped adding up receipts, I really don't want to know but I have everyone including the trips to ACE ornthe Aviation dept at Home Depot. Maybe when were retired I sit back and look.

Slow build wings and quick build fuselage.. Actually the fuselage took longer than the wings by almost a year.

Just want to say thanks for all the help the pictures on various building sites Chad Jensen, Bruce Swazye, Ron Duran,for the wing jig idea and others that have kept pushing me, Jerry Rosser,Widget, Ed Mc Gowen, and the biggest pusher Bill Durham.

Thanks a bunch guys.
Smilin' Jack :D:)

Last edited:
Congratulations!!

Congrats Jack, just keep on making the lists shorter until they all go away:D

Jack,

It's really great to see your progress! I'm a bit envious, too. As you know, I've had two deaths in the family and financial challenges that have slowed me down, but I will keep pressing on and get there, too. Meanwhile, it's wonderful to see you this close to the finish line! Congratulations! :)

Ron, I am just a little jealous also, the smoke system your installing will have to wait until March of next year, I too want the smoke system...... But it seems like working on the firewall forward, cold air sump, GAMI injectors and doing a lot of engine mods added seriously to the cost of the engine. Hopefully it will all be worth it. Some day I'll probably do my own intersection fairings but for now using RV-Bits they will work but not the polished look of the clay buildup.. You get to a point and say LETs get this done...or we take another 6 months.

One other Thanks and a big one ...Thank you Doug for this site and your committment to keeping it FIRST class...
Thanks Mike and Bruce.

Jack

Back