What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

final inspection

Mark Henderson

Well Known Member
I am getting close to finished on my 12. The registration forms have been sent off to the FAA and N815W is now official. Now what? From prior posts I know what forms and info to send, but when do I send it? Is this something that is done before I get it inspected (I am using the FAA), do I inspect first, then send the info, or does it all happen at the same time. Secondly, when do you actually get to fly? Thanks

Arrangements for Airworthiness Inspection...

In my case, after talking with a DAR, I called into the local FAA MIDO office saying that I needed an airworthiness inspection. They said they would have someone call me the next day. Next morning at 7:30 a.m. an FAA rep called and asked me to email copies of my forms to him to review. (You keep the originals). About 2 hours later he called and had me make corrections to the 8130-6 and email a new one to him. I used the FAA website to download a new 8130-6 and fill it in. One thing that they required was that the block to check currents ADs be checked off. Shortly thereafter he emailed that all the documents were in order. That same afternoon, the DAR called me and said that he had been authorized to perform the airworthiness and we set a date to do that.
If FAA is going to do your inspection, they will probably make arrangements with you as soon as the paperwork review is completed.

It went easier than expected. My AW inspection is next monday.

Tony

Back