What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

filling holes in canopy

uk_figs

Well Known Member
Friend
Unfortunately I have drilled some holes in the canopy in the wrong place (aligned the side skins incorrectly). I believe I can correct the problem by changing the hole spacing and of course buying new parts (again :mad: )
The holes are #40 and deburred and have no cracks but i was wondering if there is something I can fill them with rather than just leaving them.
Any thoughts

uk_figs said:
Unfortunately I have drilled some holes in the canopy in the wrong place (aligned the side skins incorrectly). I believe I can correct the problem by changing the hole spacing and of course buying new parts (again :mad: )
The holes are #40 and deburred and have no cracks but i was wondering if there is something I can fill them with rather than just leaving them.
Any thoughts

If you can find some clear rod about the same size of the hole. Glue it in there with a plastic glue. Taper the rod for a good fit. Glue it in and then cut it off flush with a razer. Sand and polish the area.

I used a white plastic toothpic on my c-150 screen that cracked. I drilled it out and did not like the hole so I glued the toothpic into the hole. It worked great.......... :eek:

canopy holes

I had a few of these as well, and just filled them with epoxy and wet micro mix. sanded them back, and all was well. These didn't show under the skirt after the redrill.

Chris 9A

Back