What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FI servo

N661DJ

Well Known Member
I have an IO-390 with a AFP-200 fuel injection servo on my RV8 project, the issue seems to be the correct "clocking" of the servo to the engine and the hook up of the associated mixture and throttle cables.
I purchased from Vans the brackets and bellcrank used on the RV14 with the 390. I can not seem to get them to mount and work properly.

My servo is mounted with the diaphragm (large round portion) parallel to the floor, the AFP literature shows the servo turned 90* cc wise from mine. Also Bendix servos I have seen,are also be mounted with the diaphragm vertical ?

Does anyone have photos of the 390 with the AFP system and the associated linkages? It sure would help.

Vans response " That is a non standard setup for the 8 you will have to figure it out" !

Thanks,
Dick

Outlet on the right, levers on the bottom, cable bracket on the bottom of the sump, no linkages.

Sorry, best photo I have. The sump has two mounting points, so the cable bracket is just a crossbar with welded ends to fit those points. I'm using a 4-into-1 pipe, thus the radiant heat shield and insulation wrap on the cables. They're at almost 600 hours now. Mixture cable has a machined extension to reach the lever.

Last edited:
Back