What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FF KIT ORDER for RV-7

henriquerv9

HI ALL,

I am ordering my firewall foward kit from vans. I am building a RV7 and it will be powered with a IO360 Mattituck Roller tapped engine and 72" sensenich fixed prop.

1 - The kit that nearest match this combo i believe is the FF-7-O360-FP. Any better ideas?

2 - should I add or delete any itens from the kit?

3 - Mattituck sells a 55amp alternator kit for US$240,00 , against the 270us$ 60amp alt from vans... any recomendations?

Regards

Henrique Castro

I'd delete the aluminum heater box and replace it with the EPM stainless version.

Also

If you have a carb, pitch the vans heat muff and go with the wicks ec100-200

Doug

If you have vertical induction, you need this throttle/mixture bracket instead of the one they give you.

THRTLE/MIX BRCKT IO 320/360 Vert. Induction
Part Number = VA-182-PC KIT
Price = $19.50

Email Vans and ask what's in the kit. They'll send a list to you. You can then look up info and prices on the Vans web site.

I'll ditto the heater box comment above. Not much $$ for increased firewall integrity.

Delete the gascolator and bracket.

Order the 7/7A F.I. Pump Install.

Order a VA-149-360-PC in place of the VA-182-PC. For vertical draft.

Order a VA-119 MAP hose (assuming you want MAP with your IO)

If you are building a basic VFR bird then get the wiring kit or the harness. If you are building an IFR set up and doing something like an e-buss, fuses versus breakers or dual alternators, delete the wiring items because you will likely do MANY modifications to meet your needs. There's an old thread (a few months old maybe) on this.

I recommend you consider the Plane Power alternator from Van's as a best-value solution for only $105 more. ES Alternator Deluxe, 60A Kit W/OV Protect.

I also recommend the ss heater valve.

Jekyll

Back