What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Feedback wanted

Vlad

Well Known Member
A talented artist from Ukraine I am communicating with got bitten by an aviation bug and is planning to build soon. In the meantime he forwarded me this design and he would like to know how it looks. The designer is very prolific and has some real works of art in his portfolio. What do you think of it?

testspase2.jpg

No, it's not a paint scheme for my RV-9A I simply can not afford something like that.

Cosmic Design

I find the lower fuselage streak to distract from the overall design. Otherwise, it's 'cosmic' as previously stated.

Pat
RV9 in progress

I'll give my thoughts

I LOVE the astral theme. I think there is something there that can be special. Kinda like the side of a 1970's shaggin' wagon!

I'm not big on the pink and pastel teal colour (forgive the correct spelling... I'm Canadian).

There are paint jobs that look good to pedestrians strolling around the plane, and others that look good at some distance and/or while flying. This is the former. Much of the detail on the tail and wheel pants will be lost in motion.

Remember, this opinion worth what you paid for it!

Back