What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

favor...

N624EJ

I live in Southern Oklahoma. Is there anyone from northern tx or OK here that cruises this way. I am trying to make some decisions on building an RV right now. I would love to see some projects, or would really appreciate a ride or two.:) I can travel to places easily on the weekends.
Thanks in advance to the awesome RV community.
ps. I need someone to take my wife up as well to get her hooked... if you guys know what I mean.

Rvers in OK

Plenty of folks in the area. The most notorious :D, on this forum anyway, is Alan Judy from Antlers with his RV-6. Guy Townsend in OKC area has one of the earliest RV-4s. Check the RV white pages for several of other contacts.

Eugene,

If you can't find a local ride let me know. I'll fly up there and give you/your wife a ride in my RV-6. I have some appointments next week that I can't break, but I'll work you in there somewhere.

Best,
Doug

thanks doug. I would really appreciate it. I don't really know anyone here close that has a flying RV. I kinda know Alan Judy from Oklahoma. But he lives farther away then you.
It sucks that convincing the wife is the hardest part of building an airplane. But it is great there are so many friendly people willing to help out.
btw, I live in ada. we are having a big airshow in a couple weeks. www.adaairexpo.com . It would be great for the public to see some beautiful RV's.

Keep me in the loop, Eugene! I've given about a hundred RV rides to wives over the last 5 years, I'm pretty used to the drill and know the do's and don'ts:D.

b,
dr

It is a very nice airport. They should be done with reconstruction of main runway, taxiways, and ramp about 2 days before the event.
They are we designing a lot of things and improving for 3 local learjets that use the field daily.
Terry, the airport manager is great guy too.

I flew into Ada on my first solo cross country. Back taxing down the runway to taxiway alpha was a little weird; it's my first time :blush:

Doug,
Any chance of flying into Oklahoma in the near radar? Given any thoughts about flying to the airshow we are having next weekend?

Why not look this RV up?

This picture was taken for the local paper by my wife's cousin, Will Fry. The plane is based close to Seminole, OK.

Doug,
Any chance of flying into Oklahoma in the near radar? Given any thoughts about flying to the airshow we are having next weekend?

I'll watch the wx next week and will try to get up there when the winds aren't too bad (that and heat make for really poor first impressions with spouse flights).:rolleyes:

b,
d

I know the guy from seminole that owns that plane. I am supposed to go to his house soon, and to the airport to see his plane. Now I will know what to expect seeing that pic. Thanks!

Also, I know Will Fry as well. I met him at a 4th of July event in Seminole that we were both doing photography at. Very cool.

Doug,
Looks like the weather or wind is finally starting to settle. Ada's airport is finished from being redone, if you need place to fly. My wife and I will be here all weekend. Look forward to meeting you and seeing your awesome RV sometime.
Eugene

Back