What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fastback canopy from standard canopy?

AntiGravity

Well Known Member
I've been offered a standard Todds Canopies RV-8 canopy that has had the aft 5" removed due to cracks, but is otherwise unused. Anyone know whether I can use this on the Tom Clark fastback or will the standard RV-8 canopy be the wrong shape/size/whatever? Its at a reasonable discount and I can get cheap shipping if I include it with another builders shipment so it is quite tempting, but I don't want to do it if the canopy isn't going to be suitable; its expensive getting things all the way down here!

Cheers,

From Tom Clark's website

"The modification required four new top fuselage bulkheads, a new top skin, a new canopy and a modified Van's canopy frame."

If I remember correctly you have to buy the canopy ($750) from Airplane Plastics in Ohio. I looked at his design but decided to go with the show planes one. If you don't buy it could you pass me the information on the canopy. I should be able to use it on my fastback if only 5 inches have been removed from the back.

Back