What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Factory visit and pilot report.

Ditto

My son and I just visited "The Factory" last week, and had a very similar experience. We both were treated to a very informative and nicely casual tour of the premises by Joe Blank. For a guy who does this repetitively, he does a fabulous job. Very personable, and answered EVERY question, straight up.

I have a purchased RV-6A, with very rough paint, and flew it in to Aurora. Parked at the factory, and had the extreme pleasure to meet Mr. RV himself, in a happenstance meeting. Was fortunate to spend 20-30 minutes talking about RV-6, and I mentioned my difficulty in getting the plane to fly "straight". (I currently have the left flap rigged about 3/4" down to counter a strong left roll. Temporary measure until I find the culprit.) Van took great interest, and made several suggestions as to how to attack the issue. Nothing like talking to the "man" himself! What a pleasure it was.

The RV-12 flies very much like the RV-6A, being slightly heavier on the pitch forces, and GREAT at slow flight. Steep turns took me a bit of practice due to not flying enough from the right seat. Wish they could let you land the plane, but I understand why they don't.

I don't think you can go wrong with an RV-12. In fact, you can't go wrong with an RV-anything!!!

Everyone at the factory that I met was genuinely happy and engaging. No pretending. I came away with hugely positive and upbeat feeling.

Don't try to tell me that leadership doesn't matter. It all stems from one man!

Back