What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FAA registration department neither answers calls nor e-mails

Oliver

Well Known Member
I was wondering whether anybody has recently successfully contacted the FAA’s registration department?

We’re having an issue with the first time registration of our almost finished aircraft, they however never responded to an e-mail I sent them 2 months ago nor do they ever answer the phone due to ‘high call volumue’. Today alone I already tried calling them 9 times!

That’s the number I’m dialing: (866)762-9434
The e-mail address: [email protected]

Are others having the same problem? It there a better way to communicate with them?

Oliver

Call your local FSDO, and select the airworthiness option. There should be a sub option to speak to a inspector. When I was working my airworthiness they were able to look up my registration application on their system. They might be able to help you.

I just went through the same frustrations. Their documents page showed they received my registration on Apr 30th but as of early June I had not received anything back even though their web page said they were working applications received May 30th. Had emailed the address they gave out on the phone menu 7 times with no reply. Called both of my State Senators offices and 2 days after one of them notified me they were looking into it they called to tell me it was complete. Received an email the next day from the FAA stating my registration was complete. Government at its finest. :-(

Second the call to the local FSDO. A lot of people don't want to get their FSDO involved because of all the stories they may have heard. Like everything in life, 95% of the folks that work at any FSDO are good, standup people and want to help you out.

I called the FAA Oklahoma office the minute it opened for business and I was able to talk to a person regarding my registration

In term of contacting the FSDO for other issues, I was successful 50% of the time.

Back