What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FAA Form 8130-6

Hal-san

Well Known Member
Patron
Caution when submitting your FAA Form 8130-6, Application for Airworthiness Certificate. Be sure it is the latest dated form. Presently the form date is 04-2011. The one I received from Van's had a form date of 01-09 and the FAA would not accecpt it.

8130-6 Form

Just went to the FAA site to download the latest version of 8130-6.
The site still shows the date of 01-09. Didn't any newer form.
Where did you get the new form?
I am just about ready to send in this form.

Gary Krause

I'm also interested in where you got the 8130-6 (04-11).

Last memo I got from FAA, dated April 13, 2011, was that the form is not yet available, and to continue to use the 01-09 form.

I'm still using 01-09 and haven't had any kick-backs.

Last edited:
On this subject, the 8130-6 is required for a major modification, like a prop or engine change, and has to be submitted to your local FSDO. I tried to sent it directly to OKC and they said no, send it to the local FSDO.

A couple weeks ago I checked the public data when doing a search of N numbers and noticed it still shows a Subaru engine, not Lycoming. So what gives?

There is a link on the data page to FAA records and for $4 you can get a print out of all paper work in the system on a particular airplane. The package arrived a couple days ago, many pages going back to original certification including the engine change. Evidently, they do not up grade the short public version of information and in fact there is a note to that effect. You have to request the latest stuff and they will send it a just a few days.

Go to the forms web site of the FAA. If you go to the section on the right hand side of the page it lists most requested forms. If you select the 8130-6 from here you get the 01-09 dated form. What you have to do is use the search for form function and it will give you the new form. The Seattle office will not accecpt the old form.

I advanced my paperwork to my DAR before he came this spring and he called me back to say he'd filled out a new one for me. Said they won't accept the old one. Must depend on which FAA you're under. Anybody got a map that shows where the various FAA borders are?

Back