What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FAA 8130-15 Question

redmark

I'm working on my inspection paperwork but in FAA form 8130-15, Section II, the first block, it wants a list of "Consensus Standards"? For the RV-12 do will fill this in? Something Rotax ASTM?

I did fill in the other blocks, i.e. AC Operating Instructions, AC Maintenance & Inspection Procedures, etc....

Thanks,
-Ron

Last edited:
better call Van's

I think I heard that you get your 8130-15 from Van's.....better check with them...

8130-15

This form, for the RV-12, absolutely does come from Van's, all filled out and certified by them. It is included with a large package of forms, placards, A/C data plate, etc. and comes with the powerplant kit, but is shipped seperately in a large envelope.

Tony

Oops... I found it stapled to my N number registration packet I guess I mailed a copy to the FAA when I applied back in May.

Thanks
-Ron

Last edited:
You'll need that form, filled out and signed by Van's, when the FAA comes to inspect your RV-12 for it's airworthiness certificate. make sure you have one with an original signature from Van's on it (not a photo copy).

Like Joe says, the 8130-15 comes from Van's complete. Nothing for you to do on it. And it must have an ORIGINAL signature from Van's, not a copy.

Back