What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F601Z dimensions RV6,7 & 9 ??

GAHco

Well Known Member
I am making the F601Z for my RV6, it is the last piece on my firewall.

The dimensions of the bottom k1000-4 nutplate location do not match the appearance of the full size drawing. (inset on dwg 19)

The center of this nutplate is supposed to be 1+15/32 from the right edge, then minus 17/32.

I made mine that way and it does not look as the picture.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Did you make it look like the picture or did you follow vans dimensions?

"make it fit"

as Van's would likely say - I don't have the plans here at work, but since there has been no response, if the F-601Z is a doubler for the facet (carb) fuel pump, then the nutplates should match the mount holes for the pump. Probably not critical otherwise. If you don't have the pump, I'd wait to install the nutplates. Or am I completely missing your question?
Bill Brooks
Ottawa, Canada
RV-6A finishing kit

You got the idea!

as Van's would likely say - I don't have the plans here at work, but since there has been no response, if the F-601Z is a doubler for the facet (carb) fuel pump, then the nutplates should match the mount holes for the pump. Probably not critical otherwise. If you don't have the pump, I'd wait to install the nutplates. Or am I completely missing your question?
Bill Brooks
Ottawa, Canada
RV-6A finishing kit

Thanks for your input.

I Don't have the pump or I could make it Form / Fit /and Functional.

I will make a general purpose doubler for now and leave a little extra room.

Who knows there may be a better boost pump that I could put on with this option or the one called out, but at least I wont be stuck with just one choice.

Back