What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F1275F R&L

Stan Bahrns

What am I doing wrong? I can't get the left & right F1275F to fit
Stan Bahrns
Building RV 12

Last edited:
Page 21-15 fuselage corner skins

I didn't have any problems installing them. Any change you mixed them up or changed left and right?

21-15%20step4.JPG

21-15%20step3.JPG

I was having the same problem, thinking wait a minute, Vans really screwed these up, then read the plans again and found they LOOK alike but are different. I matched them with the plans drawing, and marked each with the correct number, and placed them where they belonged, it went together like clockwork, as per the usual vans precision cut and fit process.

I found the problem

I put the angle along the floorboard on the wrong side which made the angle down instead of up & even though I could get all the F1275's on but a little off on the fit. The F1275F would almost fit which kept me confused. My fault for not paying closer to the plans.

I put the angle along the floorboard on the wrong side which made the angle down instead of up & even though I could get all the F1275's on but a little off on the fit. The F1275F would almost fit which kept me confused. My fault for not paying closer to the plans.

Stan,

Every time I reached a point where I was doing excessive head scratching I found it helpful to go do something else and come back to it the next day. Amazing how the light bulbs turn on with a fresh perspective!

John

How true! I have had many of those breaks to clear my head. The little wheels in my head get to spinning and smoke comes out of my ears, time for a break.

Stan,

Every time I reached a point where I was doing excessive head scratching I found it helpful to go do something else and come back to it the next day. Amazing how the light bulbs turn on with a fresh perspective!

John

Back