What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F1203C Stb Spar Receptacle question - how much filing?

bhassel

Well Known Member
I'm on Pg 21-10, step 9.

I know the stub spar receptacle needs to fit snuggly against the stub spar.

When checking the fit (as I'm filing) I'm wondering: How does the receptacle fit on the stub spar, since this can be rotated around? Does anyone have any pictures for reference?

BTW, surprisingly I found clear plastic on the stub spar receptacles. I don't remember, but I sure hope I caught that on the first set for the rear stub spar!

Bob

Bob ? I figured the wing spars wouldn?t really allow for much rotation at this location, so I minimally filed my stub spar to receptacle fit for a tight - straight on, straight off fit. Still assembling the fuselage, so don?t know how well that plan will ultimately work out ? but that is how I did it for better or worse. I take a lot of photos but don?t think I took any of the fit of those parts.

For what it is worth, I too discovered clear plastic on my stub spar receptacle pieces after completing the rear spar receptacle and also wondered the exact same thing as you about the possibility of missing that on the rear spar receptacles. If so, the plastic is now firmly ensconced in a layer of Akzo epoxy primer.

Happy building,

wings Last

take a look at this
I took a different approach ( wings Last )

http://www.joesrv12.com/Builder Log/bl_21_10.htm

I'm on Pg 21-10, step 9.

I know the stub spar receptacle needs to fit snuggly against the stub spar.

When checking the fit (as I'm filing) I'm wondering: How does the receptacle fit on the stub spar, since this can be rotated around? Does anyone have any pictures for reference?

BTW, surprisingly I found clear plastic on the stub spar receptacles. I don't remember, but I sure hope I caught that on the first set for the rear stub spar!

Bob

Back