What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-863 Fuel Tank to Fuse Mount

I tried searching and couldn't find much help.
We've constructed the F-863 forward fuel tank mounts on my QB 8. No matter how I pre position the pieces over the pre-drilled bolt holes (in the fuselage), it just doesn't look like it is going to set below the fuel tank skin, ie..when we put the fairing piece on, it will not sit flush around the mounting angle, and thus the leading edge of the wing. Is this normal? Will we have to grind down the top edge of the mount to get the fairing to fit flush? Thought I'd bother you guys before I make myself feel stupid with Builder Assistance...again.

I can never remember part numbers anymore, but from your description...yup, everyone seems to have to trim this part, or it won't fit below the intersection fairings. I think I took my modifications from Mickey Coggin's site.

Paul

Oh yeah...I forgot to look at Mickey's pics. I'll take a gander. It's always good to know that I'm not the first to encounter these things. Thanks Mr. Dye. You guys must be pretty busy this week down in Houston. Hope the Atlantis repair goes smoothly. Y'all are in our thoughts and prayers...

Back