What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-792 required if using internal rudder stop?

Vansrv7arob

Well Known Member
just wondering if i should bother?

anyone have any photos of finished aircraft with out?

should look pretty nice and clean with out, but the control horn of the rudder obviously still needs to be there so it way more draggy than the F-792s.

So do i need both side of rudder horn or can i cut the right side off to clean it up a bit?

going to use rocket link so chains/springs not required on both sides.

You can trim the rudder horn, but there's no going back (easily) if you do. On the plus side, I don't think we've ever had a steering link returned because the buyer didn't like the handling. They have been extremely popular.

I have never understood why Van's rudder horns have so much extra "meat" in the vertical plane protruding from the rudder. Seems like it could be trimmed down a bit for less drag. Trim it and add a small teardrop fairing over it.

Has anyone done this? What were your results long term?

just wondering if i should bother?

anyone have any photos of finished aircraft with out?

should look pretty nice and clean with out, but the control horn of the rudder obviously still needs to be there so it way more draggy than the F-792s.

So do i need both side of rudder horn or can i cut the right side off to clean it up a bit?

going to use rocket link so chains/springs not required on both sides.

I used the internal stop and no F-792 external stops. Looks very clean...

Back