What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F 782d rivet question

Charles in SC

Well Known Member
F782d is an angle that holds the end of a trim panel over the fuel lines ahead of the wing spar. The plan calls for an LP4-3 blind rivet to hold this angle to the side wall piece (F7101). I can not find anything in the text. This rivet seems to long to use without drilling through the outside skin which I do not think is intended.

I am looking for a more graceful way to do this. I am thinking maybe a shorter rivet. Any other ideas?
Thanks!

I used 426 riverts with the flush head facing to the out side. Riverted the F782 angle to the F7101 the attached the F7101 to the forward fuslarge in the normal maner. Works great looks great

I used 426 riverts with the flush head facing to the out side. Riverted the F782 angle to the F7101 the attached the F7101 to the forward fuslarge in the normal maner. Works great looks great

Thanks Vonsmallhousen, I do not think I can do that because my F7101 is already attached to the fuse skin. Mine is a quick build.

Back