What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-712 & WD-409

Brent Colvin

Well Known Member
Hello to all,

I am having a hard time installing F-712 rear Bulkhead. I have the WD-409 drilled in place, the mouse hole cut, but I can't get the rear bulkhead back in place. I am building a QB. Is there a trick? Take all the advice I can get. Thanks

I Just did that

Brent, It is a tight squeeze but can be done. I used a couple of screw drivers for tire irons. Remember, nobody is watching.

If you hold your mouth just right it will go in real easy. The first time for me took a couple of tries till I realized what to do.

Thanks for the help guys. Yesterday I finished the tailwheel around 7pm. Once I figured it out, was pretty easy. Took it out 3 times fitting.

OK so whats the trick? I'm ready to pull my hair out.

Edit: figured it out.

For anyone reading this in the future, slide the top in first, forward of it's position then slide the bottom in. A good plastic mallet is your friend. Make sure the tabs are set to slide between the j-stringers, then pound the bottom portion into place. Once it's seated, start tapping the top portion down and aft until you get it under the deck and it snaps aft into place. From there it's a few tapes here and there to get all the holes lined up and cleco in place. It's a FEMALE DOG but it will get there, just make sure you're not hung up on the stringers.

Last edited:
Back