What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-705J Angle

flydjd

Well Known Member
Attention 7 QB's

With ref to the 2 x F-705J angle (16 1/4" long) on top of the F-705 bulkhead..

What piece did you use to cut this from...the only piece in my QB kit that I can find that might be suitable is the 12 foot piece (ie AA6-063 x 3/4 x 3/4 x 12')

Is that the correct piece..I don't want to cut it and then find I have to order a new 12' piece to be delivered all the way accross the Pond ! :eek:

Thanks

I don't remember exactly what piece I cut the angle from (too long ago). I do remember them not lining up properly. Make sure you build the seats with the bottom hinge attached so you can allign the angle properly. I vaguely remember the measurements on the plans didn't work for me. You also need to use a spacer between the F-705J & F705 F Channel to allow for F-638 Seat Back Brace ( DWG 30)

Derrell
7A Finish
Alpharetta, GA

I am not at home to check the drawings but I think you are correct that they are cut from the 063 X 3/4 X 3/4 piece, this is also use for the seat back braces (I think there is a drawing reference there somewhere or in the plan instructions). Like the other poster I did the cross brace first and have just finished the seat backs and the two do not line up (off by about 1/2 inch outboard) not sure why.
Also do not forget the space for the seat back brace to slide into (I missed this on the plans, not sure what I will do yet except use the forward position)

Back