What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-704 bulkhead angle

I was looking at the RV-7 preview plans and noticed that it looks like the F-704 bulkhead isn't quite plum. I'm assuming that's to align with the 1 deg wing incidence? Is the aft spar shimmed to match the angle? Not a big deal, just curious.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I don't mean to imply that the builder has to shim anything.

1. Is the F-704 bulkhead canted back 1 deg from plum from the factory to accommodate the 1 deg angle of wing incidence? This canting is set by the factory rivet layout in the skin.

2. Is the aft spar attach also canted back 1 deg from the factory (either the entire F-705 assembly set by the rivet line or the center section bar canted independent of the bulkhead)?

From a design standpoint I'm just curious how Van's did it. The preview plans look like it was done for the F-704 bulkhead through the rivet line angle and it seems that the rear spar is plum so the angle just gets washed out in the assy.

Back