What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-699 Bracket - Dwg 46

jsharkey

Well Known Member
The outboard Cockpit Floor Angle to Wing Spar brackets, part number F-699 shown at the top left of drawing 46 do not come close to lining up with the nearest 3/16" bolts on the lower cap of the wing spar on my RV6. In fact the vertical leg of the floor angle pretty much aligns with the center of the nearest bolt on both sides.

Has anyone else come across this problem due to build errors or otherwise, and if so how did you get around it?

Jim Sharkey
RV6 - At Airport Working on Final Details

No issues for me, everything went ok.

Question: if those outboard floor stiffeners were "flipped", would the vertical section miss the bolts?

Another thing to try would be to use 1in x 1in .063 angle in this area (call out on Dwg 31 is 3/4 x 3/4).

Dwg 31 also shows the "desired" orientation for each pair (pilot pair/ passenger pair) of floor stfnr's. Is your implementation as depicted (verticals toward each other), or is it a mirror image (verticals away from each other)?

Or, could you fabricate a custom "mirror image" F-699 to catch a different bolt??

No issues for me, everything went ok.

Question: if those outboard floor stiffeners were "flipped", would the vertical section miss the bolts?

Another thing to try would be to use 1in x 1in .063 angle in this area (call out on Dwg 31 is 3/4 x 3/4).

Dwg 31 also shows the "desired" orientation for each pair (pilot pair/ passenger pair) of floor stfnr's. Is your implementation as depicted (verticals toward each other), or is it a mirror image (verticals away from each other)?

Or, could you fabricate a custom "mirror image" F-699 to catch a different bolt??

Verticals of each pair are towards each other per dwg 31
flooranglesei9.jpg

I'll get creative - but any suggestions will be well taken.
Jim Sharkey

If in Doubt - Shim It

An 1/8" shim on each side was enough to move the head of the bolt away from the internal radius of the bracket.

f699shimft3.jpg

Jim Sharkey

Back