What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F 6122 Brake Bracket Dimple Question

Paul 5r4

Well Known Member
I just started the Fuslage of my 7A yesterday. The manual calls for all rivets on the forward face of the firewall to be of the flush type. How does one dimple the firewall for the F-6122 Brake Bracket, and for that matter anything else that mounts on the firewall. Are these holes counter sunk? Seems to me the Firewall is too thin to countersink. I looked online for a tool to dimple something like this and can't find anything. Any help is appreciated

Last edited:
I dimpled mine with a set of pop rivet dimple dies. The SS firwall dimples just like aluminum just a little harder metal.

Steve

Thanks for the quick response Steve. I had bought all my supplies from Brown Avation tool Company and did a search on their site but get no hits. Can you tell me where you bought yours. Thanks again.

Avery's the place.

Got mine at Avery. Super service. Used both the 3/32 and 1/8ths.

Part 1022 POP RIVET DIMPLERS - 3/32"
Part 1024 POP RIVET DIMPLERS - 1/8"
Part 14879 5/32" 120 POP RIVET DIMPLER FOR AVEX PULL RIVETS

BTW, they are on SALE right now...$12 down from $16.

Get em while their HOT!

Thanks guys!! Mine are now on order and I ordered both the 1/8 and 3/32 sizes. Can't imagine building one of these aircraft without the resources of a site like this. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back