What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-01411C Coating

md9680

Well Known Member
Friend
How have people been removing whatever the coating is on the F-01411C Horizontal Stab Attach Bars so that they can be primed?

Thanks.

MD

I removed the clear plastic film (I think that part had it) and then hit it with a scotch-brite flap wheel chucked in a drill press.

_Alex

Thanks for the reply, Alex. Mine doesn't appear to be clear plastic but I'll try to remove whatever it is -- your way is as good as any other.

-Mike

They did indeed have a clear plastic film but underneath they appear to be anodized a dark gray. I had already deburred the bare aluminum edges so I guess I can just prime them now.

As others have confirmed, it comes with a clear plastic which becomes a lot more noticeable when you start deburring the edges. Since I primed everything, I gave it a good treatments and then primed.

Any time I had vinyl that didn't want to come off, I stuck a bit of gorilla tape on it for a few seconds and then it would pull the vinyl right off.

Back