What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EZ-STOP RV-8 Canopy "Half" Stop

HFS

Well Known Member
EZ-STOP is a little tool to hold RV-8 canopies (sliders) in an intermediate position for single pilot ops.

There are certainly other options out there: The pinned "teardrop", the commercial "set up" pin from FlyBoys, so mine is really just another (less expensive) way to do it. Mine, has a "detent" (CW rotation) when retracted so the lock is non invasive when a passenger is aboard and the canopy needs to open completely.

Mine differs a bit from the FlyBoys offering in that the mounting plate is slightly curved to match the mating curve of the canopy rail - that "fit" makes for a more robust connection.

I have a few left over from my last batch. If anybody wants one, I've got around $10 in parts + shipping costs should do it.

Just PM me and I'll send one out. Once they are gone, they're gone - unless someone else wants to start producing them, and then ???.

The time "stamp" on the PM will determine order - thx.

HFS

Sorry about the orientation of the cockpit view - I tried to rotate it in my files to
a more correct view, but no joy on downloading here.

Attachments

• EZ-STOP (LOCK).jpg
    EZ-STOP (LOCK).jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 183
  • EZ-STOP - Aft View.jpg
    EZ-STOP - Aft View.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 190
Back