What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Extra Tank Skin Holes

sstellarv10

Well Known Member
I'm in the process of dimpling the tank skins and on page 18-5 fig 3 there are two holes not to get dimples which is fine but on that same inboard side bottom by the finger strainer hole there is two more holes that are not mentioned anywhere. I'm assuming they are used later when the wings are attached but i just want to make sure I didn't miss anything.:confused:

Thanks

Steve Stella
#40654 Wings
N521RV reserved

Extra Holes

I'm in the process of dimpling the tank skins and on page 18-5 fig 3 there are two holes not to get dimples which is fine but on that same inboard side bottom by the finger strainer hole there is two more holes that are not mentioned anywhere. I'm assuming they are used later when the wings are attached but i just want to make sure I didn't miss anything.:confused:

Thanks

Steve Stella
#40654 Wings
N521RV reserved

Steve,

You are correct. Those 5 holes on the inboard edge of the fuel tank skins are for the wing fairing attachment screws. (see 44-6 figure #1 if you have the .pdf files)

Thanks Scott, I had a feeling thats what it was. I think Vans likes to confuse people every once in a while to keep us on our toes.:D

Steve Stella
#40654 Wings
N521RV reserved

Back