What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Extra manufactured parts in flap bag?

IowaRV9Dreamer

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if EF-603 and EF-604 are used in the -9? They are bent brackets and showed up the the flap hardware bag.

I ask because it's unusual for Vans to provide extra manufactured parts....

Got the Same

I am building a 7A and got the same bracket in my kit. Have no idea where the bracket is supposed to go. I have the flap motor installed and see no reason to use the bracket.

Anybody figure out what they're for? Retrofit from manual to electric flaps, perhaps? I'm building a 7A, same thing here. Can't find them on any drawing, no idea what they're for... :)

You should have received a 2 page 'Installing the RV-6/6A Electric Flap' set of instructions that include an 8 1/2 by 11 inch drawing of the flap motor assembly that shows the EF-603 & 604 brackets and where they go.

You should have received a 2 page 'Installing the RV-6/6A Electric Flap' set of instructions that include an 8 1/2 by 11 inch drawing of the flap motor assembly that shows the EF-603 & 604 brackets and where they go.

Thanks! Found it...retrofit instructions, so I had them tucked away somewhere else. At least now I *know* those parts aren't used on my -7A! :)

Back