What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Extra hole; page 20-02 step 2

dbhill916

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi folks,

I'm working on the Center Section Assembly and discovered a hole that I'm not sure how to deal with. I've successfully clecoled & clamped the Aft Bulkhead to the Center Section and Bottom Skin. I was just about ready start final drilling all of the #30 holes when I noticed a hole that's clearly larger than the #30 called out and it does not appear on the plans (Rev 1, 10/8/12). I can't find an instruction telling me if I'm to final drill through it or not. I've included an excerpt from the drawing referenced on page 20-04.

In the photo, I've drawn an arrow to the hole in question. (Ignore the black dotted hole?it's marked to be final drilled #11).

I don't see that I'm supposed to drill anything there, or am I?

Thanks in advance,
-dbh

20-04_excerpt.jpg

extra_hole.jpg

That hole gets covered

David - I'm sure that is a tooling hole used to hold the part in position during manufacturing.

That hole gets covered when the F-1204F is placed over the assembly. Not at the fuselage now, but I think if you look closely that tooling hole is directly inline with the bottom of the center channel extrusion ... not a place to be drilled.

Happy Building,

David - I'm sure that is a tooling hole used to hold the part in position during manufacturing.

That hole gets covered when the F-1204F is placed over the assembly. Not at the fuselage now, but I think if you look closely that tooling hole is directly inline with the bottom of the center channel extrusion ... not a place to be drilled.

Happy Building,

I agree. I just went out and looked at mine, but can no longer see it. Those tooling holes have shown up on other pieces as well.

Jim

Back