What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"External GPS" no longer displayed on G3X?

gregu2

I have a Garmin G3X Touch (GDU 460) and GTN 625. Although it used to work correctly, I can no longer select External GPS to use the GTN for navigation - it just doesn?t show ?External? anymore as an option anywhere on the G3X. I updated the GTN Nav database in case it was too far out of date, and updated all the G3X databases, but still no luck. I am using GTN version 6.21 (and 5.2 for GPS/WAAS) and G3X version 8.61. Any ideas on what I should check next? Thanks!

G3X Touch External Navigator

I have a Garmin G3X Touch (GDU 460) and GTN 625. Although it used to work correctly, I can no longer select External GPS to use the GTN for navigation - it just doesn?t show ?External? anymore as an option anywhere on the G3X. I updated the GTN Nav database in case it was too far out of date, and updated all the G3X databases, but still no luck. I am using GTN version 6.21 (and 5.2 for GPS/WAAS) and G3X version 8.61. Any ideas on what I should check next? Thanks!

It is interesting that it disappeared like this. We would be curious to see what you are reporting in the System Information tab within the configuration menu, relating to the GTN 625. Would you be able to send us over some pictures of what you are seeing there?

Our email address is [email protected]

Thanks,

Justin

Back